What is the Honey Commuter?
It may seem a bit obvious to say that Honey’s Commuter is designed for simple and serious commuting. Obvious until we look at what most commuting bikes are: repurposed road or cyclocross bikes. Or, kitchen sink commuting bikes that try to be all things to all people, and end up being okay for many but not ideal for but a few.
What type of commuting rider is an ideal match for Honey’s Commuter Series?
Honey knows that no commuter bike is right for everyone. Honey addresses this in two ways:
- Honey focuses on a specific type of commuter. The Honey Commuter is perfect for the rider that:
- Probably works somewhere that appreciates grease-free clothing and hands.
- Wants a low-maintenance bike—the lowest maintenance possible.
- Commutes year-round, or at least in most weather conditions.
- Honey offers three distinctly different bikes for three distinctly different types of commute.
Honey Commuter Series Details
Comparative Summary Table
|Single speed||3-speed internal||8-speed internal|
|Intended Usage||Flat terrain, light loads||Mixed terrain||Long commuter;
|Gearing||Single Speed||3-speed internal
|Drivetrain||Gates Belt Drive|
|Brakes||Long-reach side-pull Shimano 450 road-style||Disc, Avid 7
|Bars||Double sweep||Risermountain bike style|
|Accessories||Planet Bike Fenders|