What is the Honey Cyclocross Utility bike?
The Honey Cyclocross Utility is a race bike that has versatile abilities. This bike is ready for the cross course, and can be used on a daily basis for all kinds of riding – including multiple hour off road excursions, harsh weather commuting, or with a quick tire or wheel change, even fast road rides.
Why is the Honey Cyclocross Utility bike the ideal multi-purpose bike?
We designed this machine for quick and precise handling on the cross course with the stability that riders appreciate when using a backpack or light rear panniers. Here are some of the ways in which the Utility is the ideal bike:
- Stable Handling: For more stability and a lower center of gravity, the bottom bracket is slightly lower than a honey race cross bike. The front end of the Cyclocross Utility is higher for longer distance riding. There is also a longer wheel base for improved handling when using back pack or rear rack.
- Functional Versatility: For racing, commuting, or just riding enjoyment. Rear rack mounts integrated into the frame. We’ve designed the tubeset to work well with – or without – light panniers; and we provide good heel clearance for those panniers.
- Loves Harsh Weather: We’ve integrated rear fender mounts into the frame. The fork comes with fender mounts as well.
- Brake System Options: We offer two brake options:
- Cantilever brakes if you’re looking for a light weight bike.
- Disc brakes – low mounted work really well if you’re planning on using a rear rack. And if you require more stopping power than a typical cantilever brake setup.
- Fork Options: We offer two options, depending on how you’ll be using the bike:
- Carbon: For lightweight and precise handling. Not optimal for fender use.
- Steel: For a more classic and rugged design. Works well with full-time fenders.