Here are the geometry details for the Packmule Dropbar bike. This geometry is different from the Packmule Rising.
|Bike Size*||Seat tube length||Top tube slope, degrees||Seat tube angle, degrees||Chainstay length||Bottom bracket drop||Standover height***|
|Top tube length||Head tube length|
Frameset Feature Notes
- Wheel diameter: 29er/700c/622mm – these are all the same size.
- Tire, maximum size: 2.5″
- Tire, optimal size: 2.5″
- Head tube diameter: 44mm
- Seat post diameter: 27.2 mm
- Front derailleur clamp diameter: 31.8mm.
- Rear axle spacing: 135mm with a 10mm axle.
- Brake mount: Frame brake placement is low-mount disc.
- Cable routing:
- Rear brake: zip guides on down tube and chainstay.
- Front derailleur: Cable stops on top tube
- Rear derailleur: Cable stops on top tube and seat stay
- Three bottle mounts: one on seat tube, one on top of the down tube, and one under down tube near the bottom bracket.
- Fender mounts: on dropouts, in chainstay bridge, and seatstay bridge.
- Rack mounts: on dropouts and seat stays
- Fork features:
- Steel fork: 1-1/8″ steerer. Carbon fork upgrade features a tapered 1.5″ steerer.
- Axle type: 100mm x 9mm quick release style.
- Everything Cage mounts and water bottle mounts – featured on both the standard steel fork and the carbon fork upgrade.
- Low-rider rack mounts – featured on both the standard steel fork and the carbon fork upgrade.
- Fender mounts – featured on both the standard steel fork and the carbon fork upgrade.
Frame Geometry Notes
Toe overlap: Because the Packmule often has large tires and sometimes fenders, many of the sizes will have some toe overlap. Make sure you are comfortable with this before ordering. Questions? Contact the Beekeepers.
* Bike size: Top tube length combined with head tube length are better indicators of bike fit than the classic “seat tube length.”
*** Standover clearance: We measure standover height from the ground to the midpoint of the top tube.
General Geometry Notes
- All specifications are in inches unless otherwise indicated.
- Specifications subject to change as components and technology improve. If you have any critical measurements for your cycling enjoyment, let the Beekeepers know before placing your order.